FAQ's

FAQ's

Mold & Bacteria

Why is mold growing in my home?
Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. Your home may be susceptible to mold growth due to water intrusion, high humidity, leaky pipes and even condensation from your HVAC system. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.

Can mold cause health problems?
Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause health problems. Allergic reactions to mold are common and can be immediate or delayed. Repeated or single exposure to mold, mold spores, or mold fragments may cause non-sensitive individuals to become sensitive to mold, and repeated exposure has the potential to increase sensitivity. Allergic responses include hay fever-like symptoms such as headache, sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Molds can cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, molds can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of individuals whether or not they are allergic to mold.

Breathing in mold may also cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis, an uncommon disease that resembles bacterial pneumonia. In addition, mold exposure may result in opportunistic infections in persons whose immune systems are weakened or suppressed.

When mold grows indoors, the occupants of a building may begin to report odors and a variety of symptoms including headaches, difficulty breathing, skin irritation, allergic reactions, and aggravated asthma symptoms. These and other symptoms may be associated with exposure to mold.

How do I get rid of mold?
Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don't fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.

Historically, visible mold was addressed through the use of harmful chemicals and demolition. Visible mold can be removed from non-porous surfaces with the use of chemicals. A common misconception is the use of chlorine bleach, which is not recommended by the EPA and remediation professionals. There are very few chemicals that can kill all the parts of the mold plant, and some of them you would have to apply in concentrations so strong it would be dangerous to use. Also, even dead mold spores can cause irritation and allergic reactions in people, so killing the mold won’t get rid of the health risks when using chemicals.

Demolition is costly and disruptive and not always the best solution. While it may address visible mold, the millions of airborne spores that are present are not affected. These mold spores are disbursed throughout your entire living space including your HVAC system and continue to negatively affect the quality of your living environment.

Beyond Green/Beyond Clean Mold and Bacteria Disinfectant Cleaner addresses mold contamination holistically. Safe, plant-based enzymes attack mold on a molecular level, rendering them non-allergenic in the process. It is safe to use on most all surfaces and actually penetrates porous surfaces, such as drywall and textiles, fighting mold contamination that you cannot see! BGBC’s Disinfectant Cleaner continues to work long after application, unlike chemicals, which have zero residual effect.

Unlike any other product available, the aerosol “M” disperses as a fog to reach imbedded and airborne mold throughout the premises. Our DIY fogger enables you to rid your HVAC system of potentially harmful contaminants. Commercially applied, our products address severe infestation without the use of harmful, noxious chemicals.

Are your products safe?
Our EPA registered Mold and Bacteria Disinfectant Cleaner is a proprietary blend of plant-based food enzymes, natural surfactants and water. Confidently use on contaminated surfaces. Occupants and pets can re-enter fogged areas almost immediately. For optimum effectiveness, leave undisturbed as long as possible. When treating HVAC systems, evacuation is not required.

When used in the marine environment, runoff is not a concern, as our cleaner is environmentally-friendly and 100% biodegradable.

How do I store it and what is the shelf life?
Keep in a cool, dry environment, 40-115F and use within 2 years.

Does it remove stains?
BGBC’s Mold and Bacteria Disinfectant Cleaner will remove some mold staining with agitation. Porous surfaces allow mold to penetrate and in some cases, a permanent discoloration will result. Our All-Purpose Cleaner is an excellent alternative to harsh synthetic chemicals for stain removal. Remember to reapply the Mold & Bacteria Cleaner for residual protection.

How much do I need?
“M” Aerosol (7 ounces) will treat approximately 800cf of enclosed space. In liquid form, dispense as a spray mist or stream. Amount used depends on level on contamination.

Odor

What are the ingredients?
Our Odor Neutralizer is a proprietary blend of safe, natural enzymes, plant extracts and purified water. It contains no solvents, harsh synthetic chemicals and is 100% biodegradable.

Where does it work best?
Use “O” Aerosol for airborne odors left behind in kitchens, bathrooms, anyplace odors exist. Spray Odor Neutralizer directly onto source of odor. Ideal for pet areas, trash cans, diaper pails, carpets, fabrics, even skunk odors!

Why is it different from air fresheners?
BGBC contains no perfumes, masking agents or dangerous solvents. It doesn’t cover up odors, it eliminates them!

How long does it last?
Most odors are eliminated after one application. Reapply when every time odors are reintroduced to keep your environment odor-free.

Cleaner

What are the ingredients?
BGBC’s All Purpose Cleaner is made of plant-based extracts, safe natural enzymes, surfactants, essential oils and water.

Where do I use it?
It is a true multi-surface cleaner. Use on counters, fixtures, carpets, fabrics, floors. Removes wine, ink, grease, blood. Presoak soiled laundry prior to washing.

Why is it better?
Our cleaner contains no harsh chemicals, it is non-toxic, non-corrosive, acid-free and 100% biodegradable. Experience cleaning without the noxious fumes and drying detergents. Natural, safe, effective, environmentally-responsible cleaning alternative.